Monday, October 10, 2005

Wonderful People!

I have only been on the road now for a few days, but I have met and stayed with some very great people! I keep forgetting to bring my camera in with me - I would like to show you pictures of these new friends! I was first at Creekside Community Church, which meets outside of Columbus, Ohio. There, I stayed with a guy who had also lived in the Czech Republic and we shared lots of great stories and even spoke some Czech!

From there I went to Oakfield Wesleyan, a small church south of Zanesville, Ohio. It was great to worship and share with them, and then to get to know one of the families in the church! We had a meal at their house and then sat around and talked for hours afterward! What a blast!

Tonight I'm staying with the family of one of my college friends (Heather: see picture below) in West Seneca, New York, just outside of Buffalo. We had pizza and real Buffalo wings...FROM BUFFALO!!! They even told me the history of Buffalo wings! It's been fun to get to know them better! It's been so amazing to experience hospitality and love from all these people! I really thank God for these new friends and can't wait to visit again!

3 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Blogger Stephanie B. said...

It's kinda weird without you here! I hope you are having a good time!!! Love ya

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Mimi, real Buffalo wings aren't really made of Buffalos! :) But, in Evansville, at our big fall festival, you can buy buffalo burgers and hot dogs, made from real buffalos!

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Phil said...

I sorta figured you knew about Buffalos, but hey, ya never know! I didn't try any Buffalo stuff, but I wanted to! They also had fried crickets and brain sandwiches! They're all a big hit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home