Sunday, December 23, 2007

It's A Wonderful Life

I'm a sucker for this movie. I have been ever since my mom made me watch it one Christmas when I was younger. Now I HAVE to watch it every year. I just finished watching it and I got to thinking about the "gift" that George Bailey was given - to see what things would be like if he'd never been born. It made me wonder what my "world" would be like if I had never been a part of it. And, ya know, I think it would be different. I hope so. There are many, many times, that life is tough and feels a little futile. What I am a part of here in Czech Republic is not quick work and it is easy to become discouraged. But, as I thought about it, I realize there really are many here who are different because I have been a part of their lives. As a follower of Christ, I really pray that this difference is due to the fact that God is working in my life and therefore, through my life and into other's lives. So, I dare you to watch "It's A Wonderful Life" this year and just think about your own life. Think about those in your world who are different because of your influence in their lives...and pray for them. And, enjoy the adventures of George and Bailey and Clarence the angel.

1 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger Stephanie B. said...

Very insightful, Nilly! Dad's sermon on Sunday was about if Christ was never born...what would our world be like? There are so many things that wouldn't be the way they are. No Christmas movies, no Christmas songs, how we say what year it is (the year of our Lord 2007)...so many things. Can't even imagine! Love ya!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home