Sunday, July 23, 2006

Here I am again...

Hi everybody! I know it's been awhile since I've posted, but I'm glad you are here now, reading this page! Lots of things have happened since I last wrote. I've been to churches nearly every weekend this summer and it's honestly been fun meeting new people. It's kind of strange going into someone's home and church that I've never met, but it's amazing to come out calling those people friends. So, if you are one of those people, thank you.

A highlight for me was being at the South Carolina District Conference. The change of scenery was great and it was good to meet so many pastors in one place! An especially cool thing is that that district is beginning a partnership with the Czech Republic, so hopefully I'll be getting to know many of those churches better.

My support level at this point: Right now I think in percentages of my support and what effect that has to how close I am to returning to Czech! On paper, I am at 67% of my faith promise goal. However, at least three other churches are for sure going to be supporting me financially, which will put me at about 81% of my goal. This means that I have about $12,000 more to raise in faith promises! That's awesome! It makes my goal of leaving in September look even more like a reality! The following picture is one of the big reasons I can't wait to get back to Czech. It's of one of my best friends from Czech, Ivo with his girlfriend. I can't wait to get back and continue with the friendships that God has given me there.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home